Friday, March 19, 2010

Rome SDS

I started my dream first-job a few weeks ago and am slowly acclimating to life here. Yesterday was my first morning shred session with my coworkers, and although sore, I am really happy that snowboarding is a lot like riding a bike; after a 4 year hiatus to finish art school in Minneapolis, I had not been on a real mountain in quite some time. Stowe was beautiful, and the one run that we lapped was terrifyingly icy and fast at first, and later in the morning, soft and littered with teleskiers through the misty rays of sun...
The best part about snowboarding yesterday was coming back to the office and completing this dream full circle. I'm working on familiarizing myself with the overall identity and design system(s) and implementing them....and trying to navigate the server for the source files....and above all trying to stay "shrednasty".

This is me in my office.

El Perro Del Mar "Shelter" (by The XX) from The Control Group on Vimeo.

This is the song/video that gets me through my days lately.

And aside from my coworkers livening the atmosphere, this is what makes me laugh out load while I'm working.

No comments:

 
>